Sweet is not exactly a word that describes me, but my husband set up my blog, and that is what he named it. Seeing that he is my biggest fan, how could I change it?




Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Pete

The Good Samaritan
Paula Modersohn-Becker
1907


I think it is impossible to put into words the impact this man has had in my life.  Very few people know about Pete, and if I was to try to explain him to others, there is no way they would understand the significant role he played.  The best way to describe him is a modern day good Samaritan, and that was exactly what he was to me years ago.   I think I only saw him personally twice, but I have thought of him often through the years, never forgetting his kind help.  Then recently, I ran into him again.  To be honest, neither one of us recognized each other but after someone reconnected us, we sat down and talked like I had seen him last week.  The truth is, I know very little about Pete and his life, but I do know that I am one of many people who's life he has touched.  When I said goodbye, he was off to meet another friend in need.  That sums up Pete.  He will always hold a special place in my heart.    So, today I wanted to share with you my story of Pete and how thankful I am that God put him in my life years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment