Sweet is not exactly a word that describes me, but my husband set up my blog, and that is what he named it. Seeing that he is my biggest fan, how could I change it?




Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Camp DeSoto


                                                                  GAMAKA

If you are wondering what in the world GAMAKA stands for, you aren't alone.  For the longest time, Grace would talk about her best friends from Camp DeSoto called GAMAKA.  Finally, I realized it was the first letter of each of the girl's names.  These girls live in 4 different states, yet they talk to each other almost everyday, and have done so for YEARS!  They became friends 6 1/2 years ago while attending summer camp in Alabama.  Many of them have been in the same cabin every year.  This will be their last year at camp, but it won't be the last year they are together.  Several of them will end up at Ole Miss, probably rooming together.  What a wonderful place Camp DeSoto is and the opportunity  girls have to build lasting friendships.  I am very grateful for not only my time there 40 years ago, but the years both of my girls have spent there.

No comments:

Post a Comment