Sweet is not exactly a word that describes me, but my husband set up my blog, and that is what he named it. Seeing that he is my biggest fan, how could I change it?




Friday, November 16, 2012

Betty



When Gwynn was a baby, she screamed, not cried, the first 9 months of her life.  On one trip to North Carolina to see Tommy's family, in a moment of exasperation, I handed her to Betty, a friend of the family.  Somehow, Betty got her quite, and they became best friends from then on.  She was a God sent  for me in the next few years when my family moved there.

I was out of touch with her for many years after she returned to Massachusetts.  Since then, we have reconnected and she has become so dear to me.  She always has an encouraging word to say or a Bible verse to share.  She is loving and caring.  Everyone needs someone like Betty in their life.  So, today is Betty's day in which I express my gratitude.

1 comment:

  1. I had a "Betty" when we were in Nashville. Very thankful for those hugs and encouraging words for a new/frazzled mom. Love the picture of Gwynn. This Thanksgiving, I am reminded of how blessed I am. You're one of those blessings. Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete