Sweet is not exactly a word that describes me, but my husband set up my blog, and that is what he named it. Seeing that he is my biggest fan, how could I change it?




Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Mom and Dad

                                                            Gus and Jonelle Primos

How do I describe Jonelle and Gus? Hmm... Loving, hard working, stubborn, forgiving, inappropriate (dad), faithful, creative..... I could fill up a page with adjectives, but the bottom line is, at 81 and 83, they are remarkable.  Dad still goes to work every day, even though he says he is ready to slow down.   Then, every weekend you will find him on a tractor or working on something at their cabin.  Mother stills insists on cooking most of our Thanksgiving dinner for 25 herself.  It isn't just holidays either.   At any given night, you will find a couple of family members, that just happen to stop by, there for dinner.  Her favorite saying is "we're having the loaves and the fishes".  She still stuffs Christmas stockings for all of her children and their spouses, plus all the grandchildren.  My daughter Gwynn asked me if one day I will be like Deux Deux and knit her children's stockings?  I looked at her and said, "no and if you wants them, ask my mother now".  Thinking about everything she does makes me want to take a nap.  So today, I'm thankful for my parents and all they do for their children.

1 comment: