Sweet is not exactly a word that describes me, but my husband set up my blog, and that is what he named it. Seeing that he is my biggest fan, how could I change it?




Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Jake


                                                                  Jake Atkinson

How many of you can tell me a name of a 16 year old that opens the car door for his girlfriend, both coming and going?  (I know many men that do not do that for their wives.)  How many of you know a child in today's society, where children feel so entitled,  that has worked since they were 12, all Summer long and into the Fall, on the family farm?  I couldn't name one until I met Jake Atkinson.  I've liked Jake for the past year that he has been seeing my daughter Grace, but it wasn't until one day I watched him open the car for her when he brought her home from school that I really appreciated his manners and upbringing.  And the fact that he will wear the silly hat Grace bought him in public is precious to me.  In spite of the many times I've fussed at him and Grace, he sticks around.  I must give a lot of the credit to his parents, Rebecca and Bob, and their influence on their son.  So today, I am thankful for Jake aka Snakie.
                                                   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment