Sweet is not exactly a word that describes me, but my husband set up my blog, and that is what he named it. Seeing that he is my biggest fan, how could I change it?




Monday, September 5, 2011

Someone Like You

                                                                          16 x 20
                                                               Acrylic and Charcoal
                                                                          (Sold)
Labor Day Weekend in Mississippi means opening day of dove season, Ole Miss football, and the official end of summer. (Even though it is usually still 98 degrees.) This year it included rain, rain, and more rain. Also, for me, it brought a lost kitty. Winnie has been a part of my family for about 10 years. She is an indoor cat that must have felt adventurous when a door was inadvertently left open. I am very, very sad because I know she must be scared out there somewhere in the rain. George, her soul mate, is roaming the house looking for her. (When the girls where young, they dressed them up and preformed a marriage.) I just pray that she finds her way home.

The weekend also brought an old friend to town along with his wife and son. My friends, the Garraway's, invited several of us that have been friends since the 7th grade, if not longer, to visit with Lyons and Kate. We stayed there almost to midnight, laughing and telling stories of the things the guys did through the years. Stories that my children will never hear! I believe I would rather them think their dad has lived a dull, boring life, never getting into trouble!!

Oh well, I hope you have had a nice holiday. I'm off to look for Winnie again.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: