Sweet is not exactly a word that describes me, but my husband set up my blog, and that is what he named it. Seeing that he is my biggest fan, how could I change it?




Friday, September 16, 2011

Summer's End

                                                                         48 x 36
                                                                          SOLD

Do you ever wonder why God put you in a particular place for a time? It could be a recent move, or a brief one in the past. That is how I felt about my two years in Oklahoma. After leaving North Carolina, why didn't He just send us straight to Mississippi where I have friends and family, instead of a place where I didn't know a soul, and was often very lonely. In hindsight, I know it was because I needed a place to be still and heal. I needed to learn the Truth again, before I went on to the next stage of the journey of my life.
One way God healed me was through my art. I remember one day feeling so beat down and hopeless, and while listening to "My Savior My God" by Aaron Shusts, I was struck by his words and felt the need to express what I was feeling onto a canvas. By no means was it a great piece of art, but I incorporated part of the lyrics into the painting, and it hangs in my house today, as a constant reminder of God's wonderful grace.
"I am not skilled to understand what God has willed, what God has planned. I only know at His right hand, stands one who is my Savior...Yes, living, dying, let me bring my strength, my solace from this spring; that He who lives to be my King, once died to be my Savior".
Posted by Picasa
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: