Sweet is not exactly a word that describes me, but my husband set up my blog, and that is what he named it. Seeing that he is my biggest fan, how could I change it?




Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Let's All Celebrate

                                                         Mixed Media with collage

When I was 8 years old, I came home from school and confessed to my mother that I had lied to my friends. She said, "Oh Cissy, what did you lie about?". I replied, "your age". All my friend's mothers were much younger and I was embarrassed. My mother was 38!!!!!!

Well, today I turned 50 and I can't imagine what my children think about a mother who is half a century old. Grace, my 14 yr old told me last week that I use to be cool, but not any more. Actually, she doesn't know how cool I really am!!!

My wonderful friends gave me a party this past weekend. I felt so blessed to be surrounded by so many people I love and care about. God has been so faithful since I've returned home to Mississippi, restoring old friendships and bringing new people into my life. I am indeed a very happy, fortunate 50 year old!!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. This is awesome Cis! I absolutely love it!
    Don't pay any attention to those kids. Every generation thinks they invented "cool" or "sick" or "fresh" or whatever they call it now! Just a few years ago my oldest son rolled his eyes and said "could you be any more embarrassing?" I ignored him but should have said, why yes, I could be MUCH more embarrassing. Want me to? Now, a mere 4 years later, he seems to think I'm, well - not cool certainly, but not embarrassing! Happy Birthday! You wear your age very well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Cissy. Embrace being 50 your best years are still to come. My mother turned 92 this summer and at almost a century old she is one of the coolest people I know. YOU are just getting "cooler" every day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Cissy, enjoy your day and just let your light shine .

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of the best things I ever did was go to Dreama and Leslie's workshop and met all you wonderful ladies. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this one. Hope you had a wonderful day and keep the gorgeous artwork coming. I love the composition and colors in this one. I think one of the best things I did was get to meet all of y'all too- (Go Black Eyed Peas). Thanks for always visiting my blog and commenting. It is appreciated!!

    ReplyDelete