Sweet is not exactly a word that describes me, but my husband set up my blog, and that is what he named it. Seeing that he is my biggest fan, how could I change it?




Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Just Because

                                                                      30 x30
                                                                      (Sold)
I'm a huge Atlas Shrugged fan. It's one of my favorite books. Our economic situation today is eerily accurate to what Ayn Rand wrote in this book. Although you really can't see it, a line and a few names from the book are incorporated into this painting.

On a different note, I just got home from picking up the girls at camp. I am so proud of their accomplishments and participation this year. My years of being creative with my children, and making them think outside the box, seemed to have paid off. Gwynn came home with not only a blue ribbon for a painting she entered into the craft fair, but she also won Best in Show for a photograph she took. Grace's talent was made to use by drawing all the backdrops for her tribes' play. A couple were so good, the owners asked if they could keep them. Needless to say, I am very proud of them. After shedding many tears from leaving their friends, and lots of hugs and claims of missing me, it only took 7 hours for things to get back to normal. By the time we hit Rankin County, one county before mine, the "honeymoon"was over. I was back to being the embarrassing mom that I am. I'm glad they are home though. I love my children, so thanks for letting me brag.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment