Sweet is not exactly a word that describes me, but my husband set up my blog, and that is what he named it. Seeing that he is my biggest fan, how could I change it?




Thursday, August 18, 2011

Hold On

                                                                           30 x 48
                                                                        Mix Media
                                                                             Sold
                        
Everybody has their pain and heartache. Some are just more transparent than others. I use to look at people and think their lives looked perfect, but now I know that no one escapes it. Some are just better at hiding it, but they too have their private sorrow. Pain touches everyone.
This week, individuals that I care for, as well as many in my community have been hurt and suffered much heartache. I have felt an overwhelming sense of sorrow for them, knowing that they are dealing not only with this painful situation, but also their feelings of disbelief, betrayal, anger, despair and so many other emotions. I wished I had some great words of comfort to give them, but I can only share what I know from my own experience. In my darkest days, when things seemed so out of control and my mind so scattered, the one thing I could read was the words found in Isaiah 43. “Don’t be afraid, I’ve redeemed you. I’ve called your name. You’re mine. When you’re in over your head, I’ll be there with you. When you’re in rough waters, you will not go down. When you’re between a rock and a hard place, it won’t be a dead end. Because I am God, your personal God, The Holy of Israel, your Savior.” Those were the words I held on to, and the words I encourage anyone that is reading this to believe. We are not alone in our pain. There is someone to help bear our burdens. He is the only thing I know to truely hold on to.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment