Sweet is not exactly a word that describes me, but my husband set up my blog, and that is what he named it. Seeing that he is my biggest fan, how could I change it?




Monday, August 15, 2011

Determination

                                                                "Girl On A Mission"
                                                                         9 x 12
                                                                          Sold

How many of us have a child that has the determination and the drive to get something done once they set their mind to it? That would be my daughter Grace. She will stay up until 1:00 am trying to perfect an art project for school, or finish a painting for a friend. If challenged to make straight A's, she'll put up signs in her room to remind herself of this goal, especially if there is an award in the end.

My hope is that as she matures, this determination will play a role in helping her make the right choices and decisions that she will face as a teenager, and also later in life. Isn't that the prayer of all of us parents? My job as her mother is to encourage those positive traits and to hold myself to a certain standard of behavior that she might one day want to emulate. That's not always easy. It's a challenge every day.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Love this! Love Grace and her determined spirit! Praying that God takes the reigns of all that determination and uses it for His glory. Love you, friend!
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete