Sweet is not exactly a word that describes me, but my husband set up my blog, and that is what he named it. Seeing that he is my biggest fan, how could I change it?




Monday, August 1, 2011

Highway 59

                                                                          48 x 60
                                                                           (Sold)
I can't believe it's already August. Where did July go? Where did the summer break go? The girls come home in two day, then all three children start school a week after that. When I was young,  school didn't start back until after Labor Day.

I laid in bed this morning not wanting to get up because I stayed up way too late last night. I was reflecting on this past month and was glad it was over, but more importantly, I was thankful for what I learned from it. There were definitely some good times in July. I loved spending quality time with my son Dixon with out the constant drama of the girls. I made a very quick trip to Florida with two wonderful friends, and I sold several paintings. This one included. However, there were also a lot of disappointments, low days, and past regrets. But because of those days, I was able to get focused again on what is really important.

Somewhere down the road, I got off track and started seeing my self-worth through the eyes of others.  Their opinion and relationship to me meant way too much in how I viewed myself, my personality, my art, etc.  It took a hard situation for me to see that my believing was off.  I will never find true self worth in another person's opinion or in material things, but only in my Heavenly Father.  Only in Him am I really complete, and my job is just to keep my focus on that and do what is right in His eyes.  It was amazing how my outlook changed and I could even say I was thankful for the days that were difficult in the month of July.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment