Sweet is not exactly a word that describes me, but my husband set up my blog, and that is what he named it. Seeing that he is my biggest fan, how could I change it?




Monday, August 29, 2011

My Children's Art

                                                                    Grace 2nd Grade
                                                                 Dixon 9th Grade
                                                             Gwynn 3rd Grade


This weekend, both Grace and Dixon were into painting.  Grace was painting an Audrey Hepburn face for her room, while Dixon has decided that he wants to try to sell some art to make money for college.  I love it when they are creative, and spend time in my studio instead of watching TV.  All three of my children are very artistic.  When they were young, I home schooled them for 9 years and art was a big part of their lives.  Every year, Tim Miller, a local business man and frame shop/gallery owner would have a competition for all the public schools in the Boone and Blowing Rock, NC area.  He allowed the home school students to be involved.  Through the years, each of my children won first place for their age group.  He would then generously frame the winner's work for them to have.  Grace's "Matisse" and Gwynn's "Van Gogh" both were winners.  Of course being their mother, I think they are outstanding for their ages.  Dixon's was done later, when he went to "real school".    I think it is also very creative and I have it on my studio wall.

Thank you for letting me share their work.  Maybe, I'll post Grace's Audrey soon.



Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. I love them! My youngest son did a Van Gogh sunflowers similar to Gwynn's. It, too, is framed and hung. He acts embarrassed, but I know he secretly likes the fact I took the time to frame and hang it. I hope that your children will continue to create (they have a great mentor), like so many don't - including me. They are well on their way. I really like Dixon's work. It is very creative. How great it must have been to have them in the studio with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How proud you should be of your children Cissy and how lucky they are to have had you home school them. Congratulations. Tim sounds like the kind of guy who is very community oriented. Thanks for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete