Sweet is not exactly a word that describes me, but my husband set up my blog, and that is what he named it. Seeing that he is my biggest fan, how could I change it?




Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sisters


Yes, I know. This is totally out of character for me, and I know it is far from being a great piece of art. It is just a product of playing around while a large canvas I'm working on was drying. Considering the fact that yesterday was the first time I picked up a paintbrush in days, and I've run out of things to post, this was the lucky one. This is it's shinning moment. Unfortunately, I think it is destined to the "Harry Potter" closet under the stairs.

I have two older sisters, and unlike this painting, I doubt we ever held hands in the ocean. I doubt we ever held hands ever. There is a seven year difference between the oldest and myself, and we really didn't become friends until I was much older. Mary Alice, my other sister and I shared a room, therefore we spent much more time together, but we were as opposite as night and day. We still are today. Although the three of us are much closer today, I must admit, sometimes I look at my siblings ( I also have a brother), and say "Where did I come from. We are not of the same DNA.". We resemble each other, yes, but our personalities, priorities, and thought processes are so different. However, one thing we do have in common, is that all three, at different times in our lives, have been knocked to our knees, and the only place we could look was up. Each of us finding a strength within ourselves that we didn't know was there. We found this strength in the only one that could help us through these times, Our Lord and Savior. Only by relying on Him, did we find the strength to wake up each morning and face the day. Because of this, I believe all three of us have come out much stronger, and better individuals.

I didn't have the three of us in mind when I painted this yesterday. It was actually just three friends. But if we are blessed, each of us have two other individuals in our lives that we can call "sisters". I know I do. Both my real sisters, and the others I love. I am indeed truly blessed.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment