Sweet is not exactly a word that describes me, but my husband set up my blog, and that is what he named it. Seeing that he is my biggest fan, how could I change it?




Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Bloomsbury Study

Mix Media

Bloomsbury was a group of controversial artists, writers, and philosophers that lived in the early 1900's in England. Some of the members included Virginia Woolf, E. M. Forster, Duncan Grant and Vanessa Bell. Years ago, I became fascinated with the work they did in their home called Charleston. Charleston was formally a boarding house, and it became the site for their studios, and well as home for many of the artist. Although, I have never visited it, I became interested in it after purchasing some pottery of Quintin Bell, Vanessa Bell's son, in my 20's while on a trip to England. I love studying the paintings of Charleston. It seems that every mantle, bookcase, door was painted on with wonderful designs. One day I hope to visit it in person.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment