Sweet is not exactly a word that describes me, but my husband set up my blog, and that is what he named it. Seeing that he is my biggest fan, how could I change it?




Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Friends

                                                              acrylic with collage
                                                                        8 x 8

What a great saying! "Friends are the family members we choose for ourselves." Not that I dislike my family, but some of my friends are like family. I did this piece during my folk art week. I thought it was appropriate to post it today, because today I am going to the beach again with two different women. After so many years of being estranged from friends (those of you that know my history will understand this), I feel so blessed to have the handful of people I call friends today. So once again, I thank all of you that prayed for me all those lost years, those that welcomed me back, and those that I have made since.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. This is so awesome Cis. When I expanded it to look at it more closely, it almost jumped off the screen. I felt like I could touch and feel the texture. I really love this one! And I love the inspiration for it as well!

    ReplyDelete