Sweet is not exactly a word that describes me, but my husband set up my blog, and that is what he named it. Seeing that he is my biggest fan, how could I change it?




Friday, July 22, 2011

City Reflection

                                                                       36 x 36

With the girls being at camp, I've had the whole week to paint, and was able to complete several pieces. It's been very therapeutic. For some time, I've wanted to do an abstract city scene, and I achieved what I had it my head. It rarely happens that way. Phyllis Geary, owner of VIEW GALLERY, loved it, so you can find it there, as well as several others paintings I've done.

If you are not familiar with VIEW GALLERY, you need to stop by. Yesterday, I was impressed by the wonderful paintings and the artists she represents. I was surrounded by color, different styles, and most of all, talent. I felt humbled that she would even hang a few pieces of my work. To me, it is by far the most sophisticated art gallery in the area. I'm not saying that just because I show there, and Phyllis is a friend. (It took almost two years for her to say yes to my work.) View Gallery is located on Highland Colony at The Township at Colony Park in Ridgeland. You need to stop by.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment