Sweet is not exactly a word that describes me, but my husband set up my blog, and that is what he named it. Seeing that he is my biggest fan, how could I change it?




Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Beautiful Travels

                                                                             2 x 4
                                                          Available at VIEW GALLERY
                                                                             (Sold)
After reading my last post, a friend commented on my statement that I try to write my girls everyday. She assumed that I meant I text them everyday. No, I'm talking about the old fashion way of a letter with a stamp. (Cell phones are not allowed at camp. Thank goodness.) That comment got me thinking about how our generation has lost the art of writing as a form of communication. Yes, we do email, but that tangible letter has been so important to our civilization. Historians depended on personal letters to fill the gaps in studying our past. Letter writing was the only way people could communicate over distance. Thank goodness for those letters, and the people that lovingly took time to pen their thoughts. Just think, with out letters, we wouldn't have most of the New Testament.

Personally, I love getting letters. I love when I open the mailbox and I see an envelope that is addressed to me. However, I must admit, other than letters written to my daughters at camp, I very seldom write one. It is easier to email someone, rather than having to rummage through my drawers looking for a stamp. However, a written encouragement conveys a thoughtful investment of your time to someone. Some of my most treasured things are letters from a dear friend of mine from North Carolina, who wrote to me in hopes of encouraging me through tough times. They are something I can touch and reread today. Maybe we should think about taking time to write to someone and let them know that we care.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment