Sweet is not exactly a word that describes me, but my husband set up my blog, and that is what he named it. Seeing that he is my biggest fan, how could I change it?




Saturday, March 26, 2011

Forgotten In Italy

                                                  "Umbra or is it Ambra"

   I must confess that I copied someone's style.  The artist's name is Alice Williams, and I love her work.  However, seeing that her paintings sell for thousands, and that isn't in my budget this month, I painted one for myself.  I find her work fun and playful.  It makes me happy. 
    I had the pleasure of going to Tuscany this Fall with 6 other women.  It was one of only two "girl trips" I had made in 21 years.  The other had only been for a weekend.  So, needless to say, I had a WONDERFUL time.  When people asked me what I enjoyed the most in Italy, I would say that it was being with the girls!  Part of the trip, we stayed at Castello Di Montalto.  A castle that dates back to the 1300's.  It was beautiful, enchanting and had it's own ghost.  However, being the Mississippi bumpkin that I am, I could never remember it's name.  The first night there, we drove to the nearby village of Ambra for dinner.  When it was time to leave, somehow I was separated from my friends for a moment, and they all got into the two cars we had rented and drove off.  Each group thought the other had me.  So here I was, alone in the small village of Ambra, couldn't speak a word of Italian, had drunk my fair share of wine,  and couldn't remember the name the castle we were staying at 20 minutes away.  All I could do was sit outside the restaurant and laugh.  Knowing that eventually they would figure out that I wasn't with them and return.  Which they did.  That was just one of the many wonderful memories I have of my trip.

1 comment:

  1. As Ruthie would say: I love, love, love this! Who cares if you copied someone's style. That's how we all learn. Your story was so funny. I'm picturing you sitting there with a wine buzz and in your sophisticated southern style trying to remember the name of your castle! Too funny! And - what a lucky girl you are for having had the opportunity to go to Tuscany. I can only imagine the memories you made there! How wonderful.

    ReplyDelete