Sweet is not exactly a word that describes me, but my husband set up my blog, and that is what he named it. Seeing that he is my biggest fan, how could I change it?




Sunday, March 20, 2011

A Little Slip!


Confession Time!  I had a little slip yesterday.  I made the mistake of sending a couple of friends to my blog.  I got one or two positives, but I also got a "nice, but if you ever do this, let me know...".  I started to sink.  However, once again my husband came to my rescue, and reminded me why I started this blog.  It wasn't to get approval from everyone, and make $$$ (but I'm wouldn't be against that!), but to just create and paint for MY enjoyment.  He said, "I'm sure everything Picasso painted wasn't great. I bet he had to do a ton of sketches first."  I had to once again erase all my old tapes in my head and remember that not only is this a process, but that I am painting things I want to paint, and not for others.  As my friend, and fellow artist Lisa tells me, just let my blog be a way to show improvement and growth.

So, I came home and did what I've enjoyed doing this week.  My Drip Trees, I had a blast!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. He sounds like a keeper, Cissy! ;-)

    As to the so-called "friend", challenge them to try it. That usually shuts them up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cissy - the trees are great. I haven't had a chance to visit your blog again until today. I am really enjoying it. Your soulfulness and truthfulness is refreshing and inspiring. Don't let anyone discourage you from doing what feels right to you! Your husband is right. Have you seen some of Picasso's paintings?!?! lol Your photos are exceptional as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I showed a painting to my oldest daughter that was destined to be on a poster for a concert that our Neighborhood Association was holding for a fundraiser. Her comment was, "Cute". I was crushed. Once you put yourself out there, you've got to take the good with the bad. I like your trees.

    ReplyDelete