Sweet is not exactly a word that describes me, but my husband set up my blog, and that is what he named it. Seeing that he is my biggest fan, how could I change it?




Saturday, March 12, 2011

My First Post!!!!

Why Sweet Baby?
Well, if you know me, that's not exactly the adjective that describes me.  Only one other person has ever called me "sweet" until now.  After a wonderful workshop I attended, and encouragement from a fellow artist named Lisa, I knew it was time to put myself out there and share my art.  So, I text my husband, who was out of town, and asked him to help me set a blog up when he got home.  Shortly after, I received an email sending me to my new blog, the name was SWEET BABY'S ART.  Seeing that he is my biggest fan, how could I change it?

I have just started painting in oils, and it is a whole new experience!  It is so different from acrylic paint, and it can actually be quite challenging.  I have only painted three canvases since my workshop, and twice I wiped off the paint saying "I can't do this", but with encouragement from my friends that I met in Atlanta, I persevered.  I realized that it is indeed a journey.  So thank you to The Black Eye Peas.

                                                                         "Solitude" 
                                                                          12 x 12

                                                                          
                                                                      "Courage"
                                            This was my first attempt, and I think it looks like a
                                            wedge if cheese, but I didn't give up.

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful and congratulations! So proud of you and look forward to watching and following your journey.
    Hey, I love the name of your blog! Sweetest thing I have heard in awhile- he gets brownie points for putting it right out there:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I believe he gets double brownie points for this! It's a wonderful name, and your paintings are incredible. I love love love them, as Ruthie would say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Cissy, this is great. I am really proud of you as well. Love the painting Solitude and I look forward to following your journey with your paintbrush in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WoooooHooooo Cissy! The blog looks great! I love the name of the blog too, and if anyone doesn't... too bad for THEM!
    You need to look up Anne Packard and see that you and she have a similar mind set (and she gets $25,000 for each painting...) You GO girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cissy so please to see you jump into blogging and oil painting. I love your comments about how you returned to painting and get inspiration. I really love your painting courage. Look forward seeing more of your feeling so beautifully expressed in paint. Paint on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cissy,this is wonderful, and I hope to do the same thing soon. Right now, my computer has a bad virus, and my son-in.-law is trying to get rid of it. Love the name.

    ReplyDelete