Sweet is not exactly a word that describes me, but my husband set up my blog, and that is what he named it. Seeing that he is my biggest fan, how could I change it?




Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Life Is Not Always A Bed Of Roses!

                                                        The Prodigal Daughter
                                                                    48x 60
                                                            Mix media  Collage
                                                                     2008

This Blog will not always be fun and happy, because life is not always that way.  What I have come to realize is that, everyone has their pain.  As I say to myself, "their Afghanistan" ( I have a dear friend who just sent her son to Afghanistan.).  My "Afghanistan" was several years ago, but by the grace of God, I am not there today.  And my children are not there today.  As a dear, wise man continually reminds me, " we are true miracles".  However, this doesn't mean that I do not still feel the "after shocks", because I do.  Yesterday was one of those days.  But, because of my faith and wonderful Godly people, those days and the pain of them do not bring me down like they once did.  See, I do not see myself as a victum anymore.  It is a choice we have to make each time we are reminded of it or faced with hurtful people.  The pain is still there, yes, but I am a different person than I was.  I have compassion and a genuine love for others that I didn't have before.  I can even say "thank you".  His way is perfect.  My job is just to just keep my focus on that.

So, what does this all that have to do with the painting I posted today?  This is the type of painting I started with several years ago as my outlet.  A line from a song, writings by my children, my grandmother's correspondence, or a ticket stub, could often be found in them.   They were glimpses into my life.  It was healing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment