Sweet is not exactly a word that describes me, but my husband set up my blog, and that is what he named it. Seeing that he is my biggest fan, how could I change it?




Monday, March 14, 2011

Fun With "Drip Trees"

I had so much fun painting yesterday, that I kept thinking to myself how I felt sorry for people who don't enjoy this wonderful hobby.  It is such a great outlet for me.  Then I thought, well, other people enjoy sewing or biking and I don't, so I didn't feel so bad after all.

A friend turned me on to an artist named Robert Burridge.   He has a great newsletter that comes out monthly.  In his September 2009 one, he gives instructions on how to paint "drip trees".  I had so much fun trying these.  The sad thing is that he has a workshop every year at Cheap Joe's in Boone, NC. and I uses to live in Boone.  By the way, if anyone is familiar with Joe Miller, owner of Cheap Joe's, and watches his videos on You Tube, he is as nice in person as he is in his videos.  A truly delightful man.

I think I'll do some more trees today, and I'll be so glad I'm not biking!

12x12 Paper
Acrylic and Oil Pastel 

1 comment:

  1. Love these trees. I haven't had the chance to read all of R.B.'s newsletters. I need to do that. Time is not on my side right now! Really nice color use on both of them - one feels cool and the other feels very warm. Love them.

    ReplyDelete