Sweet is not exactly a word that describes me, but my husband set up my blog, and that is what he named it. Seeing that he is my biggest fan, how could I change it?




Tuesday, March 22, 2011

It's a Love Hate Thing!

                                                                    "Why Not!"
                                                                       36 x 36
                                                                         (Sold)
Commissioned work.  I love them, yet hate them at the same time.  I'm thrilled that someone likes my work, and the fact that I'm going to actually be paid for doing something I love.  But, I also find it very scary, and I end up putting it off.  It's always the big "WHAT IF" looming over me.  What if they don't like it?  What if it ends up not looking like the one she saw at Blair's that I did?   What if .....

So, what did I do instead?  Something totally unrelated.  The result was "Why Not".  I had a half painted canvas sitting around my house for about 2 months because I hated where it was headed.  So, around 10:30 at night, I thought about what a fellow artist told me, that it was only canvas.  I said to myself, "why not", and started slapping white paint on it.  I finished around 1:30 am.  I actually liked the result.

However, the dreaded commission work is still there waiting to be done.   Maybe I'll call it  "Procrastination".

3 comments:

  1. This is really cool Cissy. I like the very subtle colors, and the very ambitious size! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cissy, I am so proud of you! This is great, and I just love seeing all your paintings. You are a great artist---keep it up! Love, Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. This painting is available at View Gallery in Ridgeland, Ms.

    ReplyDelete