Sweet is not exactly a word that describes me, but my husband set up my blog, and that is what he named it. Seeing that he is my biggest fan, how could I change it?




Sunday, March 13, 2011

In Search Of My Style!

                                                                  30 x 24
                                                   "Morning In Montepulciano"
                                                                   Sold
Well now, considering the fact that I have only done three oil paintings, two that I posted yesterday, and the third being a "Dreama style" redo from the workshop, I was forced to go around my house looking for old paintings to post.  In doing so, I laughed at myself and all the styles that I have tried in search of "me".  I still haven't found "my style".  In February, I was into boats (probably a Leslie influence).  Before then, it was landscapes, abstracts, nudes, primitive landscapes, mix media collages.......  The styles go on and on.  The fact is, I love to paint it all.   One day, I know I'll settle on "me", but then again, that would be boring for me, and life is to short to be that!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on starting yur blog! It's lovely and I think you will find it as a great motivator to paint more often!
    Congrats Cissy ... you are well on your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cissy--so happy to see you making art:)) and posting it! You will be amazed at how quickly your art will grow as you paint, post, and share it! You are off to a great start~

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! I'm so impressed by your paintings. They are great. We are our own worst critics. Putting your work out there lets other critics take a fresh look. I do relate about your dilemma about your style. I'm struggling with the same thing. However, like Sandra said at our workshop: Paint what you love; love what you paint. Wendie told me "paint what you know" Both offered good advice. I don't know Paris so it would be silly for me to try to make that my focus. I live in rural Florida, love the beach, nature, animals,. . . so eventually that will probably be my concentration. You are off to a fantastic start. Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it a great thing, that we can paint and paint - today with thick strokes, tomorrow in quiet washes... nobody can tell us how or what to paint, and it's all joy! As you paint your own style will become evident. You won't have to try, or seek, it will just evolve. Just enjoy the journey!

    ReplyDelete