Sweet is not exactly a word that describes me, but my husband set up my blog, and that is what he named it. Seeing that he is my biggest fan, how could I change it?




Thursday, April 7, 2011

It's A New Day!

                                                     Thank Goodness For Drip Trees!


Nothing like a drip tree to get you out of a funk! They are fun, happy, and colorful. I haven't posted in almost two weeks, because I've been working on the "dreaded commission" pieces. Three of the four I was asked to paint were a delight to do. Why? Because they were me, mine, Cissy's. The largest, a different story. Why? Because it was "So and So's style". The moral of this story, BE TRUE TO YOURSELF!

So, knowing that everything has a purpose in my life, what have I learned. This is my artistic journey. I have to stop trying to please and appeal to everyone. Paint what I enjoy painting. Paint for myself, and not others. Paint simply because I love to paint.

Here are a couple of points that I learned this week from Robert Burridge. I just hope I can live by them from now on.

- A strong commitment to your work - surround yourself with only friends who support your commitment.
- Stay positive. Believe you can achieve your painting goal. You're halfway there in achieving it. A goal is a dream with deadlines.
- Enjoy what you do. Painting should not be torture.
- You cannot wait until you get better. Do the best you can now, today. And, you will get better at what you want to create.

No comments:

Post a Comment