Sweet is not exactly a word that describes me, but my husband set up my blog, and that is what he named it. Seeing that he is my biggest fan, how could I change it?




Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Anytime

                                                                              36 x 48
                                                                          Mixed Media


Why does it often take the loss of someone we care about to remind us not to take those we love for granted, and that life here on this earth is a gift and in reality, just a brief moment compared to eternity?  My friends, my son, my city, and many across my state are mourning the death of three young men that were killed this Sunday in an automobile accident.  For many of our children, it is their first experience with a death of a peer, and a shocking look at their own mortality. 
I've had to take a quiet distance with my son, knowing that he doesn't need a "life lesson" right now, yet letting him know that I do understand his pain through my personal loss of friends when I was young. 

It shouldn't take a tragedy such as this to remind each one of us to live our lives in accordance to God's standards.  None of us will escape death, and when our time comes, I believe each of us will stand before The Father.  The question is, will He say, "well done my good and faithful servant"?  For me personally, I wonder.  There are so many areas of my life that I know are not pleasing to Him.  Some I don't want to change.  It is sad that it takes an incident like this to get your life back on track and your eyes focused on where they should be.  But most importantly, being thankful for the grace and forgiveness He extends to us when asked. 

1 comment:

  1. Good Morning Mrs. Prewitt,

    I saw your work featured in Portico's- 10 Rising Artists issue and here on your blog. I am planning an auction and would love to speak to you about it. I can be reached at 601-664-4905. I look forward to hearing from you.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete