Sweet is not exactly a word that describes me, but my husband set up my blog, and that is what he named it. Seeing that he is my biggest fan, how could I change it?




Monday, November 7, 2011

Getting Rid Of Clutter

                                                           
                                                                     "African Woman"
                                                                       14 x 26 Framed
                                                                               Sold


There is something in my life that I haven’t wanted to give up.  It’s been more of a longing for a certain thing.  I’ve been able to put it aside for a while, yet the longing returns at times, almost to the point of obsession.  I woke up this morning with it on my mind and I knew the time had come for me to put it to rest, but I needed God’s help.

I picked up a book and read these words.  “I am working My ways in you: the divine Artist creating loveliness within your being.  My main work is to clear out debris and clutter, making room for My Spirit to take full possession.  Collaborate with Me in this effort by being willing to let go of anything I choose to take away.  I know what you need, and I have promised to provide all of that abundantly.”

My sense of self worth must not depend on others, as it so often does.  By not getting the object of my desire and the positive feelings that would come along with it, God has been teaching me to depend on Him for my fulfillment.  This means I need to be satisfied with much or with little, accepting either as God’s will at the moment.  I guess “at the moment” is the key right now.  I don’t know what tomorrow, a year or ten years will bring, but I have to keep my eyes focused on what is right for me today.  I am not naive enough to believe that this longing will be gone simply because I have written these words, but I am willing to surrender it, and I know God will be faithful in this as He has been in so many other areas of my life.  I just have to do my part.

No comments:

Post a Comment