Sweet is not exactly a word that describes me, but my husband set up my blog, and that is what he named it. Seeing that he is my biggest fan, how could I change it?




Monday, November 14, 2011

Thankful

                                                        ( I don't remember it's name )
                                                       Available at VIEW GALLERY


I am in a major conflict with one of my children.  She was disrespectful to me, so I took away the items that I had just bought her.  We had not even left the store’s parking lot, and this disrespectful attitude, that has become more prevalent lately reared it’s ugly head.  The war continued this morning when she wanted to wear what I bought her to school.  I stood my ground and said no.  So, we drove to school in silence.  What upsets me is the fact that there is no remorse, and as I drove home, I found myself feeling more and more down.  I hate when I am at odds with anyone, especially my children, but it is my responsibility to discipline them, and shape them to be functioning humans in society one day.  The easy thing would be to give in, however, I have an obligation to teach them certain standards to live by and how to treat others, at least as long as they are under my roof.  Each of them are a gift to me, but with this wonderful gift comes this responsibility.

So, as I drove home, I thought,  in spite of the fact I have a child that is being a “butt” right now, I have so much to be thankful for, and I was going to focus on that.  Each of my children are healthy and as a whole, very good kids.  I have a husband that works hard, and provides for us.  I have wonderful friends that care for me.  I am home with my parents and siblings after so many years of being estranged from them.  I have the privilege of being able to stay at home and do what I love to do, paint.  It is the season to be thankful, and for me, I know that I am truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment