Sweet is not exactly a word that describes me, but my husband set up my blog, and that is what he named it. Seeing that he is my biggest fan, how could I change it?




Friday, April 29, 2011

Peter

Last night, my husband and I took our two daughters out to dinner.  On the way home, we were discussing jobs for the future.  Gwynn, my 16 yr old, who works very hard to maintain an A-B average, said that she wanted to be a radiologist.  Grace, 14, who has straight A's and never opens a book, chimes in.  "I'm going to be a professional Gold digger, and see how that goes."  Somehow, I've let my third child slip through the cracks!


What that has to do with today's painting?  Absolutely nothing.  I just thought it was funny and shared it.  This is my version of  the famous French artist, Pierre Brisson's work.  My daughter Gwynn looked at it and said, "is it suppose to be abstract?"  I replied "yes".  Then she commented, "good, because it's proportions are all wrong!"  Therefore, where Brisson's work hangs in museums, mine is destined to the closet under the stairs, where all my unfortunate paintings live!

1 comment:

  1. I'm laughing out loud at Grace! You've got to give her credit for her honesty - or perhaps audacity!
    I like this painting because it is different and complex yet simple (I sound so sophisticated - right?) I'm not sure what technique you used, but it is very interesting. Although it is not my favorite of your works, I don't think it needs to go under the stairs! Put a big price tag on it - you never know!

    ReplyDelete