Sweet is not exactly a word that describes me, but my husband set up my blog, and that is what he named it. Seeing that he is my biggest fan, how could I change it?




Thursday, April 28, 2011

David

12 x 12
Mix Media

What a great day! My car is in the shop, so I get to stay home all day and paint. My son took my youngest daughter to school, therefore, I haven't had to get out any. I should be cleaning up the house, but I don't want to. So, Tommy will have to just be satisfied with having a happy wife tonight when he gets home instead of a clean house!

This was something I did this morning just for the fun of it. It isn't the best piece I've ever done, but it was a painting I had in my mind for several weeks, and finally got around to doing it. Actually, the photo doesn't do it justice. I put several layers of crackle paste on the wood panel first, then lightly washed paint on it, and finished it off with oil pastels. Now, I'm off to start my next painting!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. This is so cool Cissy. I'm not sure what inspired it - but it is really interesting and I love your color choices and the crackle effect. Put that price tag on it that we talked about sista!

    ReplyDelete