Sweet is not exactly a word that describes me, but my husband set up my blog, and that is what he named it. Seeing that he is my biggest fan, how could I change it?




Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Not So Dreaded Commission Piece

24 x 48
(Sold)




This is the Dreaded Commission piece that I had such a difficult time producing.    Actually, once it was finished, I liked it.  I guess it helps that the person purchasing it loved it.  It was just intimidating to paint an abstract piece, not really knowing what she wanted.  I really like doing abstracts.  I know they aren't for everyone, but every once in awhile, they can be fun to do.


I went to two art shows this week.  I walked around looking at all the different styles, some I liked, some I didn't.  It was so reassuring because my "weekly artistic life lessons" became that much more real to me.  First and foremost, paint for myself, not for someone else.    Also, you cannot wait until you get better.  Do the best you can now, today.  And you will get better at what you want to create.










2 comments:

  1. Cissy, This is wonderful. You did an amazing job and I love the colors! Congratulations to you and keep it up! Next up- "the I can't wait to do it" piece:)

    ReplyDelete