Sweet is not exactly a word that describes me, but my husband set up my blog, and that is what he named it. Seeing that he is my biggest fan, how could I change it?




Thursday, April 14, 2011

Morning Exercise

My new favorite artist, Robert Burridge, suggests doing several quick warm up paintings every morning to get you going.  This pear is one I did on watercolor paper toned a bright orange color.  These exercises help get over the first initial fear I sometimes feel as I start new paintings.   Some of them are yuck, but others are worth keeping.  It gives me something go back to when I want to do a larger painting.  It's like keeping a journal of different color combinations and schemes.

1 comment:

  1. Those warm ups are nice, aren't they? But I am still painting on an easel - I don't have a flat surface to paint on in my studio! Love this pear. Really nice colors you chose. Paint on!

    ReplyDelete