Sweet is not exactly a word that describes me, but my husband set up my blog, and that is what he named it. Seeing that he is my biggest fan, how could I change it?




Friday, May 20, 2011

Trees For Betty

I've had the pleasure of becoming reacquainted with a wonderful, Godly woman from my past. My second child, Gwynn, came out of the womb screaming, and didn't stop until she was 9 months old. The only person that could seem to pacify her was a friend of the family named Betty. Needless to say, Gwynn spent a lot of time with Betty during the next few years. She called her "Shug". Betty was both a blessing and a big help. She moved away from North Carolina and we lost contact. But I found her again, and I am very thankful for that.

She loves my drip trees, and is very encouraging to me with my art. So, I played around yesterday and painted Betty some trees. I should paint drip trees more often. They make me happy, just like finding an old friend!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Cissy- Wonderful painting and post. Love the story and you giving back a special painting is what it is all about. Love the drip trees. Share how you do them?- Demo perhaps- really cool!!

    ReplyDelete