Sweet is not exactly a word that describes me, but my husband set up my blog, and that is what he named it. Seeing that he is my biggest fan, how could I change it?




Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Celebration Of A Life

                                                              Road To Montalcino
                                                                       36 x 36
                                                                        (Sold)
When I was 2 yrs old, outside of my church, a man saw me and said "I claim you one day for my daughter in law". 26 years later, I did indeed become what Tom Prewitt laid claim to. Needless to say, I had a long history with this man. Not all of it was in any stretch of the way, the ideal American family story, but I loved this man and he touched many lives throughout his life. We lost Tom aka"Duke" this week after a year of fighting cancer. Everyday, he was determined to find something to laugh about, and most importantly to "live" each day he had left, making an impact on someone's life. He did indeed do this. He wrote, "It (cancer) cannot silence our sense of humor nor rob us of our new found integrity; nor anything else we experience as we trudge along the Road of Happy Destiny. Cancer cannot take anything we don't give it. Nothing will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Neither chemo, the poison pill, radiation, cyberknife, scans, good news nor bad news, neither predictions, nor anything else in all the world of cancer and disease, will be able to separate us from the Love of God that is ours in Christ Jesus."

I painted this the other night when I couldn't sleep. It was from a memory I had from my trip to Italy.


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. HI Cissy,
    I am sorry to hear of your loss of Duke. He sounds like a special man that did indeed touch many lives. I liked what his thoughts were- amazing and profound. You also painted a beautifully sweet painting that is timeless...and a celebration. Hugs to you! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cissy - your words about your father-in-law were very touching. I am sure he is greatly missed. Your painting is just gorgeous, and I love the warm colors you chose. There is something about it that makes me feel warm and touched, and I can almost feel your melancholy mood through it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cissy. This is one of my favorite paintings.I love sheep. You did an amazing job with this! I love it!

    ReplyDelete