Sweet is not exactly a word that describes me, but my husband set up my blog, and that is what he named it. Seeing that he is my biggest fan, how could I change it?




Tuesday, August 14, 2012

And God Sent A Fly...

                                                                 Mix Media Collage

 Tommy first started practicing surgery in Lenior, NC.  Dixon was 3 yrs old at this time, while Gwynn was 2.  One afternoon, I was in my bedroom trying to take a nap, however there was a fly that kept on pestering me, therefore preventing me from going to sleep.  Tommy and a friend were in the living room visiting.  Frustrated, I stuck my head out of the bedroom door and asked Tommy to please come and kill this fly for me.  As I was trying to coax him into helping me, I thought I smelt smoke and asked  them if they did.  They said they hadn't smelt anything.  One things I have is a strong sense of smell, so I didn't trust them.  I ran upstairs to Dixon's room where he was taking a nap.  He had a small little lamp that clasped onto his bed that he used to "read" by.  He obviously had been using it before he fell asleep, and somehow it had come unclasped and had fallen on one of his stuff animals.  The toy was smoldering and a large hole was being burned into it.  Of course, I screamed for the guys, who then ran upstairs to help with the burning Henry Dog.  Other than a scared child, fortunately for us, poor Henry was the only thing hurt.

This incident reminds me of the story in Jonah where God sent a worm to teach Jonah a lesson. (Jonah 4:7)  For me, God sent a fly to pester me, so that I would then smell the fire smoldering in my child's bed.  He can use even an insect to show us, his children, his unfailing love.  This story is just one of the many miracles I have seen in my life.

This story has nothing really to do with the painting I posted today.  It is a collage I made for Dixon to take with him to college.  It is an accumulation of things that were part of his life over the past several years, especially his high school years.  So in a way, it has everything to do with the story I shared.  It is a painting of blessings that God has given me and my son.  All three of my children are indeed blessings to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment