Sweet is not exactly a word that describes me, but my husband set up my blog, and that is what he named it. Seeing that he is my biggest fan, how could I change it?




Friday, February 24, 2012

Breaking Dawn

                                                                         36 x 36

I know the title sounds like one of those vampire books/movies, but this painting reminds me of a new day, and y'all know what a new beginning mean to me. Something I am forever thankful for. When I start an abstract painting, I never know what the end will be. My main objective these days is to try to achieve a painting that looks like it has depth and layers. I haven't quite figured it out yet. Being primarily self-taught, it's just trial and error for me. It's just a process, and hopefully one day I'll get it. When I look back from where I began 3 yrs ago, it's embarrassing, yet I do see improvement. I hope you do too.

My biggest news to share is that in a week, I am getting a puppy!!!! I feel as if I am adopting a child. I had to fill out a puppy questionnaire, have 3 references, and be interviewed. There was a long waiting list, but somehow, I was moved up the list, and I am going to Texas next weekend to get him. So, I'm sure you will be hearing a lot about the new nameless puppy. It is very hard for a family of 5, that all have strong opinions, to agree on a name!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment