Sweet is not exactly a word that describes me, but my husband set up my blog, and that is what he named it. Seeing that he is my biggest fan, how could I change it?




Friday, February 10, 2012

Red Flowers

                                                                24 x30 Unframed
                                                                  Mixed Media
                                                                       $475

I know what you are thinking, "Red Flowers" is not a very creative name, but when you put so much into a painting, it's hard to come up with an exciting name. I usually ask my husband to name them, or I name a piece after a song that I played while painting it, but Tommy is out of town, so "Red Flowers" will have to do.

This was a fun painting to do, because it is out of the norm for me. I love doing texture, and elements of collage. Several of the flowers are pieces of old newspaper. One of the leaves has the name Primos on it, which was my maiden name. The red reminded me of flowers one might get for Valentines Day. Maybe Tommy will read this blog and get the hint!


On a different subject, I've been reading Colossians this week, and the verse that has stuck with me is in chapter 1, verse 10.  "walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, to please Him in all respect, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God".  As I look back on the week, boy have I blown it, especially where my children are concerned.  I have lost my temper, said unnecessary unkind words, let them get away with bad attitudes, etc....   Parenting is hard.  Walking in a manner worthy of the Lord when it pertains to them is hard!  I love them with all my heart, and they know I do, but these teen years are trying.  So, my prayer this week is for patience and self-control.  Once again, I think of my two favorite words.  Forgiveness and Grace.  Thank goodness we have been given that, (especially when we have teenagers!)


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment