Sweet is not exactly a word that describes me, but my husband set up my blog, and that is what he named it. Seeing that he is my biggest fan, how could I change it?




Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Made In China

                                                                         24 x 24
                                                              Mixed Media Collage

SOLDPosted by Picasa

This is another collage I did last week.  The flowers are made from a Chinese newspaper I found.  Believe it or not, these paintings require a lot of work and thought.  It was a nice diversion from some of my sadness that seemed to linger on.  I know it isn't a great piece of art, but it was fun to do.

This is a verse I read this morning that I would like to share.  John 15:2  "Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit, He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit, He prunes it so that it may bear more fruit."     What this says to me is, when we go through trials, God is pruning us to be better individuals for His glory.  He cares for us, therefore He allows us to go through rough times.  Like a flower garden, it must be pruned back in order for it to bring forth the beautiful flowers.  Left to itself, it would be over taken by weeds and would seem uncared for.  The pruning is necessary.  Just keep reminding yourself of this fact.  It is hard to do, I know, but without it, we are lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment