Sweet is not exactly a word that describes me, but my husband set up my blog, and that is what he named it. Seeing that he is my biggest fan, how could I change it?




Thursday, May 3, 2012

A Little Confession

                                                            " A Walk In New York"
                                                                          30 x 30
                                                                           (SOLD)

About a month ago, I finally shut the door on something in my life that had become a sin issue.  It had become an obsession that was not healthy for me.  I had struggled with it for over two years, and finally I said, "I'm giving this up God once and for all".  I needed His help to finally put it to rest, and I can not tell you the freedom I felt almost instantly.  My obsession was gone, and since then, God has blessed me in so many ways, some of them I believe miraculously.  Most of all though, I am so much more in tune with the Holy Spirit, something that was being blocked by my sin.  I am not saying that since then I haven't experienced some difficult, trying times, because I have, but my reactions and faith was so different.  I am praising Him today for once again His forgiveness and joy I have felt.

Ok, now about my painting.  This is another city scape I did recently for my first art show on May 10th at VIEW GALLERY.  I have been working for about two months preparing for this show.  I have a wide variety of work, from landscapes to my white abstracts.  To tell you the truth, I am nervous about it.  I guess this is how every artist feels, especially before their first real show.  Honestly, I just feel blessed to have to opportunity to do this.  My painting basically started 4 years ago as an outlet to get me through hard times as I tried to hold my family together after being involved for 20 years in an abusive Christian fellowship.  I was beaten down, but God used my art as a recovery tool, as well as placing wonderful Godly people in my life.  So, when I paint, I'm not doing it simply to make money, but in a way, it's my way to say thank you for the forgiveness and grace I have been given.

2 comments:

  1. Cissy, I read Upper Room every morning, but when I read one of your posts, I get an extra spiritual gift at my computer. Thanks for sharing your walk...speaking of which, the perspective in this painting makes me feel like I am walking on the streets of NYC. Excited about your 5/10 Show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Bonnie. I love your friendship and support.

    ReplyDelete