Sweet is not exactly a word that describes me, but my husband set up my blog, and that is what he named it. Seeing that he is my biggest fan, how could I change it?




Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A Blush And A Kiss

                                                                          18 x 24
                                                                      Mixed Media
                                                                           (sold)

I know it's a horrible photo of this painting, but I haven't been to the gallery much lately to take some photos of my work, and I've been very delinquent in posting, so this is the best I have at the moment.  The good thing is, this piece sold the day after my show to a very special friend of my mother and an artist herself.  I'm very flattered, because she paints realistic in watercolor, and is very good.

Summer has officially begun here.  On an average day, it is already 90-95 degrees outside. School is out, graduation is over, and I only have two and a half months left of my son at home.  I already feel sad.  It would be different if he was going to Ole Miss like he had planned and only be 3 hrs away.  Instead, he'll be 10 hrs away in South Carolina.  God has been very faithful, and led us to a college there that is a perfect fit for him.  In spite of the distance, I am very excited for him.  As much as I hate to admit it, I know he is counting the days to leave.  We have to let them go some time.  Most of you reading this have already experience this.  So, like you, I will survive.

I will try to be better about posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment