Sweet is not exactly a word that describes me, but my husband set up my blog, and that is what he named it. Seeing that he is my biggest fan, how could I change it?




Monday, October 10, 2011

Water's Edge

                                                                           36 x 48
                                                                      Mixed media

This is another piece I painted for the Portico Art show that is being held at The Mississippi Museum of Art tomorrow night from 5 until 8. I would love to invite any of you that are from here to attend. Nine other artist will also be showing their work.

I named this painting "Water's Edge" because it looks as if a frog has just jumped into a pond, making a splash. It's funny how after going through so many different styles of paintings, this type has more less become my signature style. My white paintings have sold the best at VIEW GALLERY where I show. As I have mentioned before, I guess it is because so much of my feelings go into these paintings. I am so thankful for my life today and the wonderful grace and freedom I feel. A friend told me this week how it seems that my life is so full of drama, in spite of the fact that is not my personality. Yes, as a very involved mother of 3 teens, it does seem that way. But to me, it's the life God has so graciously given me, and although it is far from perfect, I am indeed thankful for it.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I really like this Cis. It seems a little different than some of your other pieces, yet it still shows your style. I particularly like your color choices on this. So excited about the show!
    Drama? What drama?

    ReplyDelete