Sweet is not exactly a word that describes me, but my husband set up my blog, and that is what he named it. Seeing that he is my biggest fan, how could I change it?




Thursday, October 20, 2011

Sparrow

                                                                            8 x 8
                                                                             Sold


It's been over a week since I last posted a painting. It isn't because I haven't been painting, because that's all I've done this week. It's because I have writers block again, and I don't know what I feel like talking about.

I've picked up a book a dear friend gave me 5 years ago when my life was in such turmoil. It's called "The Ragamuffin Gospel". This book is all about God's grace. We always seem to see God as one that always remembers our past sins and failures, but in reality, He gives us His grace, willingly, no matter what we've done. We come to him as "ragamuffins", dirty and beat-up, and when we come to Him, He smiles at us with unconditional love and forgiveness.

This thought then led me to my "Sparrow" painting that I am donating to a fundraiser for Jackson Prep, my old high school. It reminded me of the verse: “Are not five sparrows sold for two copper coins? And not one of them is forgotten before God. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows. (Luke 12:6-7) So now, I have a wonderful message I want to pass on today, God's amazing love for us and more important, His grace.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Yes, indeed His eye is on the sparrow so I know He is watching me. Great painting Cissy.

    ReplyDelete