Sweet is not exactly a word that describes me, but my husband set up my blog, and that is what he named it. Seeing that he is my biggest fan, how could I change it?




Saturday, October 1, 2011

My Aunt Gwynn

                                                                           "Peace"
                                                                           24 x 30
                                                                           (Sold)

                                                       The world is so beautiful today
                                                        I want to put it in my pocket
                                                       And carry it like a charm -

                                                       But my pocket is small
                                                       So I open my eyes and ears
                                                       And fill my heart to capacity

                                                                      By Gwynn Jacobs

Today my family celebrated the life of my aunt and namesake Gwynn Jacobs. Cissy is a nickname, while my real name is Katherine Gwynn. I was named for two women my mother loved, her cousin Katherine (Cissy) and her sister Gwynn. What an honor to be named after such a lovely, creative, talented and Godly woman. (My daughter is also named Gwynn.) She was an unassuming woman, who never called attention to herself, but was able to inspire in each of her loved ones the assurance that they were uniquely cherished.

As a child, I will never forget the playful make-believe world of fairies and trolls she conjured up to entertain us. I remember visiting her studio, and being in awe of the countless ways she expressed her talent. Her paintings and sculptures will help those that loved her, remember her unique view of the things she loved.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment