Sweet is not exactly a word that describes me, but my husband set up my blog, and that is what he named it. Seeing that he is my biggest fan, how could I change it?




Friday, December 28, 2012

Lavender Fields

                                                                          36 x 48
                                                        Available at VIEW GALLERY

This is one of my "white" pieces that I did a while back.  I really love the touch of lavender in it.  It isn't a color I use much, but I like how this one turned out.  The photos I take of my white paintings never do the work justice.  I try so hard to build layers in my paintings and somehow photographs never seem to capture it.

The family had "Clean Up Thursday" yesterday.  Everyone was required to go through their room and get rid of clothes they don't wear, and knick-knacks they don't want.  I alone had 3 large black garbage bags of clothes that I gave away to Goodwill.  This is just round one of weeding out "stuff" before we move in 3 months.  My art studio will be my biggest challenge.  I'll be moving into a much smaller space, but the trade off for natural light and a wonderful view of the lake will be worth it.

I've loved having all my children home.  We had a wonderful Christmas together.  Probably the best one in a while.  The five of us picked names before Dixon left for Charleston, and we were all required to make the person a gift.  I had Grace and made her a lamp for her new room.  Dixon had me and he made me this out of driftwood he found on the beach.  I love it.



No comments:

Post a Comment