Sweet is not exactly a word that describes me, but my husband set up my blog, and that is what he named it. Seeing that he is my biggest fan, how could I change it?




Wednesday, June 22, 2011

America

                                                                        11 x 14

I'm home from the beach, and had a wonderful time with my friends. How fortunate am I to have old, true friend that you can be yourself with. We laughed, danced, ate well, slept late and just had a great time together. My friend's condo is covered with folk art. I've always loved this type of art and use to paint it. Lately, I've just gone in a different direction. However, it's part of my soul, and it's fun to go back to it every once in a while. I painted this as a thank you for my friend Sue. Her son, Eric, is a marine serving in Afghanistan. I can't imagine what she goes through on a daily basis worrying about him. I worry every time my children drive somewhere at night. So, when you read this, please say a prayer for Eric, as well as for the other men and women serving our country.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Cis - this is absolutely wonderful. I always forget to visit blogs! You should push it to FB so people (me) will know when you've posted! Seriously though, this is awesome. Sue is lucky to have a friend like you! Having my husband in Iraq was one thing - a son is another. I will certainly be thinking about her and Eric. I love this piece and the techniques you used. I love the fact that the stars continue out of the frame of the flag, I love the rugged stripes and just love the colors you used overall! It is seriously one of the best folk pieces I've seen!

    ReplyDelete