Sweet is not exactly a word that describes me, but my husband set up my blog, and that is what he named it. Seeing that he is my biggest fan, how could I change it?




Saturday, May 21, 2011

Blessings From Above

                                                               24 x 24  wood panel
                                                                      Mix Media

Before I took a break yesterday with my "drip trees",  I was into non-representational abstracts this week. This is largely because that is what my friend Phyllis, owner of View Gallery likes. And since she is kind enough to show my work at her gallery, that is what I worked on.  I love doing large paintings that are primarily white.  It feels clean and fresh, like crisp white sheets.   The truth is, I love painting this type of style. There is a certain ease to it, and it just kind of comes natural to me. So maybe, I have found "my style".   But since I also love doing "drip trees" and landscapes, like my sheep, I think I can have more than one "style".  I'm not for rules anyway, and in art why do you have to follow the rules that someone says you have to? It sounds silly to me.

My precious son, Dixon, turned 18 yesterday. He is such a joy to me and indeed a "blessing from above". I feel blessed to have him not only as a son, but in my life. He actually talks to me! That in itself is a miracle.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment