Sweet is not exactly a word that describes me, but my husband set up my blog, and that is what he named it. Seeing that he is my biggest fan, how could I change it?




Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Trois Danseurs

                                                                           30x24

The other day, I was talking to a friend, and we were discussing a house that a couple are building.  I made the comment "why do two people need a house that big?".  My friend looked at me and said, "why does it matter to you?  If they want it and can afford it, that's their business."  You know, he was right, and it made me think about what was behind my comment.  Envy and a judgmental attitude were two things that came to mind.  Then, it got me thinking how quick some of us (me) are to make negative comments or insinuations about others in our everyday conversations.  How eager are we to hear the latest "dirt" on someone, often even relishing in the facts, or share something about them out of "concern"?  Somehow it makes us feel better about ourselves.  But what if the tables were turned?  Would we want others to be doing the same to us?  I know I wouldn't.  Is it really a "Christ attitude" we are having? No.  Oh, how we love gossip!  It's something to think about, isn't it?

1 comment: