Sweet is not exactly a word that describes me, but my husband set up my blog, and that is what he named it. Seeing that he is my biggest fan, how could I change it?




Thursday, April 18, 2013

Gwynndolyn

                                                                           16x20

A lot has been going on at the Prewitt household.  That is why I haven't posted in over a month.  We finally moved into the house that we renovated.  That, plus cleaning out our old one took weeks.  It would seem that considering the fact we have lived in seven different houses in the past six years, we would have weeded out a lot of stuff, but it only seemed to have multiplied.  We do have the art of moving down pat though.  It is just the cleaning out that has been time consuming.

I've been asked to participate in The Big Easel art show in Lafayette, LA, which is on May11th, so I've been painting when ever I can.  This painting is one that I will be showing there.  I've decided that whatever I sell will go towards the mission work at The Hard Places in Cambodia that I have the privilege of being a part of this June.  Twelve of us from our church will be going to Phnom Penh to minister to children who are either at risk of being sold for sexual exploitation, are currently being sold or have already been rescued.  I am so blessed to be able to serve The Lord in this way.  I will keep you  updated as things proceed.

Thanks for continuously checking my blog, even when I haven't posted in so long.

2 comments:

  1. Cissy, The browns are dramatic. Love this piece and admire your commitment to the child sex trafficking issue. Go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cissy, I have have missed your words and your paintings. There are so many, like this one, that I would love to have. What a gift. Glad the move went well. Many prayers are with you as you mission to God's children in Cambodia. Blessings, always.

    ReplyDelete