Sweet is not exactly a word that describes me, but my husband set up my blog, and that is what he named it. Seeing that he is my biggest fan, how could I change it?




Thursday, April 5, 2012

My Signature



People often ask what the little "anchor" means below my signature on my paintings.  One person said that they thought it was nice that I put a "T" by my name for my husband Tommy.  Others recognize it as a cross, which it is.  The little tail represents that not only did Jesus Christ died on the cross to pay for the sins of all mankind, but He rose again ascending into heaven.  He had to rise again in order for us to be cleaned of our sins.  

This is what Easter is all about.  Christ is the Son of God who became flesh being born of a virgin.  He lived a sinless life, died on the cross to pay for our sins and rose again.  God showed His love for us that while we were sinners Christ died for us.  Salvation is a gift.  It is not by our works but simply by faith in Him.  

So now you know what my little sign means.  It is a reminder of the wonderful gift I have been given.

Happy Easter! 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. And you have been given such a wonderful gift. I always admire your paintings and the beautiful way you put paint on the canvas. Enjoyed reading this post. Happy Easter back to you Cissy!

    ReplyDelete